Friday, April 6, 2012

Class was about to start and I was getting some hope that Pace had finally left and wouldn't be coming back. My life could go back to what normalcy it had been before his arrival; it wasn't much but it was enough for me to be yearning for it. At that moment he walked in and my hopes were shattered even more than I thought possible because he didn't walk in alone.

I didn't think it could get any worse. Pace had said he wouldn't leave me alone and until I left with him he would take greater measures to insure my safety from who knows what, but I was hoping that he wasn't serious; knowing deep down he was and this was just the beginning. What i didn't expect was THIS, he had definitely taken measures and I it was leaving me feeling suffocated. On each side of him was a person I'd never seen in my four years at Poe Academy. A girl and a boy. They looked like him, young, tall, a look in there eyes that told they've been through more years then it would seem.

"Interested in my friends?" He said with a smirk on his face as he took a seat next to me. "We go way back, but make no mistake they're no where near as fun as me." I scoffed at his comment but ignored him otherwise, taking me seat in the back of the classroom next to the window.

The sky outside was bright and sunny, in complete contrast to my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment